Main Course: Chicken with Rice and Peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry or chili powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2 -3 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups instant (minute) rice, not cooked
Directions for Preparation
- Heat oil on medium-high. Add the drumsticks and fry until meat begins to brown.
- Add onions and seasonings and fry until the onions begin to soften.
- Add water and bring to a boil, stir.
- Turn heat down, cover pot and let simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Turn the heat back to high to boil liquid. Stir in frozen peas.
- Stir in rice.
- Remove pot from heat. Cover for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: Peas are rich in fibre. Fibre helps us stay full longer.