Dessert: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Meringue Frosting
Return to Recipes List
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple (including the juice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients until well blended.
- In a second bowl, blend baking powder into flour.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and blend gently.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin;
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool then ice with frosting.
- In a small saucepan bring 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 2 tablespoons of water to a boil.
- Put aside to cool.
- Ten minutes later, whip 2 egg whites using a hand blender while very slowly pouring in the sugar mixture. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon juice and continue to beat until egg whites stiffen.
- Top each cupcake with 2 tablespoons of frosting.